Saturday, January 28, 2006

PRECIOUS ONE

I am fortunate to have some wonderful friendships with amazing people, both online and in the 3D world. Those friendships are very precious to me.

My best friend has been my best friend for almost 29 years. We met in highschool and, despite being VERY different in many ways, it stuck. I am so grateful to have her in my life and would do anything for her and I know she feels the same about me. We have seen each other through so much in one another's lives and there have been many times when we each have dropped everything - night or day - to be there for the other and I expect there will be more such times in the future.

When I hurt, she hurts. When she hurts, I hurt.

And she's hurting right now. My best friend is the most giving person I have ever met and she works harder and with more integrity to be the best mother/wife/friend/daughter/worker than anyone I know. I just wanna go and shake the people that are creating the hurt and smack 'em and tell them to smarten up already.

But I can't do that. It wouldn't help (okay, it would make ME feel good for a minute or two or three....) and would probably just make things worse. So the only thing I can do is be a listening ear, be a shoulder, make her laugh, distract her for just a little while, and let her cry if that's what she needs. Getting her drunk is another option to consider.....

One of my favorite fantasies is of one day winning the lottery (it would help if I bought tickets more than once in a blue moon but hey, this is fantasyland) and I know that the first thing I'd do is give to her so her life would be easier. (Okay, after I get the saltwater pool complete with pool boy, that is. ;-)

I've decided that neither one of us can die before the other because I don't think we can imagine life without the other. So we either go together (maybe tandem skydiving sans parachute?) or we figure out a way to stick around forever.

Now I just have to break that to my sons. *LOL* Poor things will never be rid of me.



3 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Lottery? Nobody ever wins those things. I thought you knew that!

Would you really get a saltwater pool and a pool boy? Seriously?

5:06 AM  
Blogger SwampHag said...

Well, at least the saltwater pool. I love swimming but can no longer do it because I'm allergic to chlorine and if a pool isn't warm enough the FM kicks in like you wouldn't believe - think truck slamming into body.

The pool boy is just a bonus. ;-) (But really, it would be great to have someone doing all the work to keep the pool nice. Who, me? Lazy? Nah.)

10:07 AM  
Blogger SwampHag said...

Absolutely, Shelly! The more the merrier!

(And thank you. :-)

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home