Monday, January 30, 2006

SwampHag and Blogging

Some of you out there know I was pretty much dragged kicking and screaming into the blog world. I just wasn't interested and had reasons to even be somewhat cranky about it all.

Through my work I had to become familiar with them and became a regular blog reader. And I loved those blogs! I've now become an enthusiastic fan and the potential of it all (potential already realized by so many but is just now dawning on me; I can be a bit thick at times) is fascinating to me. I've even become one of those cultists who preach the word to others to suck them into this world. Muahahaha!!!

I'm going to be attending Northern Voice in less than two weeks and I have a bunch of questions and am just plain looking forward to hearing from all the experts who will be talking. A few months ago I couldn't have imagined attending such a meeting. It means a verrrrrry long day for me. I don't care now. I'm going and that's all there is to it.

You know you're really a blogger when EVERYthing in your life, every event, every conversation becomes possible fodder for a future blog entry. I thought I'd be at a loss for ideas to keep this going. Instead I've started jotting down ideas as they come to me and the list is getting longer and now I'm worried I'll never get to them all. Nothing is sacred, from my life to my parents' rather comical foibles. Okay, I'll continue to TRY to allow my sons their privacy and not share their personal issues but we'll see how long I resist THAT. ;-)

Before I say goodnight, I'll take a moment to explain my name, 'SwampHag'. Many many years ago my sons called me that during a lighthearted sparring match in an attempt to insult me. Much to their chagrine I thought the name was so creative and funny that I burst out laughing. (Little did I know it was from a Simpsons episode and NOT their oh so original and creative minds.) And when I needed a name for an online character I was playing in an RPG, SwampHag was my first choice. I made the character stunningly and exotically beautiful because I loved the contrast of that name with a beautiful looking character. (If you ever want a laugh, watch how other online characters will hit on a good-looking female character, as if the person behind the character really is that beautiful. But that's a whole other blog entry. [Hurriedly jots that idea down.]) I am very fond of the name SwampHag so when I needed an anonymous name here, it was easy to go with that one.

G'night!

2 Comments:

Blogger Karoli said...

I'm glad you explained that -- I was a little quizzical when I first saw it, but sort of shrugged and figured you'd tell us why later.

Back in the old olden days I was a D & D roleplayer...and used to laugh and laugh at how the other players would hit on mine, even though they were looking across the table from me!

1:37 AM  
Blogger SwampHag said...

Now THAT is funny! *LOL*

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home