Friday, June 01, 2007

Tag! I'm it!

Denise tagged me with the 8 Things Meme because, apparently, I don't blog often enough. Just because I haven't blogged since mid-April.... sheesh! ;-)

Here are the rules:

Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

There's only one problem with that: I don't have eight people I can tag who haven't already been tagged, soooooooo..... I'll just do my thing without passing the tag along.

8 facts/habits about me:

1. My hair length is usually a bit past my shoulders and I love the look and feel of it. BUT I absolutely hate feeling my hair on the back of my neck when I'm sleeping, so I have to flip it up on to the top of my head when sleeping.




2. I love a good western. The first Lonesome Dove miniseries and Deadwood are my favorites but there are quite a few others. Don't like the usual John Wayne fare; my style is more High Noon.

3. One way or another - both online and off - I've been helping men and women heal from childhood sexual abuse for 13 years now. I'm pretty good at it.

4. I drink a mug of hot chocolate every morning and have for decades. In general, if I like something I can eat it almost every day for months or years without getting bored. I have been venturing out of my self-and-allergy-induced mediocrity over the last few years, though. It began with traveling, wanting to experience everything a place had to offer and that includes food. But it's continued here and there.

5. I can rarely work in silence. That's always been the case. In my school days, I did my best studying and essay-writing while the tv and/or stereo was blasting and that's still the case when it comes to working.

6. I like driving fast. I don't tailgate, I don't weave in and out of traffic or cut people off or push when the road is congested, but otherwise, I'm fast. In another life I would have been a race car driver.

7. I don't like mice. I didn't KNOW I didn't like mice until our home was inundated many years ago. Much to my chagrine I instantly became one of those silly women who stand on chairs or counters until the mice are dealt with. They just move too damn fast. Except for one.... he had encountered one of our traps and survived but with a shortened tail and an unsteady leg. He lived in my turned off gas fireplace and would peek out at me now and then before his nightly run to pantry and back. I named him Stanley. He and all the rest of them are long gone now, thank goodness.

8. Despite reading fast allllll day long for my job, despite a speed reading course at which I did really well, I am a slooooooooow reader when it comes to novels. I love taking my time, relishing the language as much as the story being told. It probably doesn't help that I only read in bed at night before sleep so, well, I often go to sleep a few pages in no matter how good the book may be. So it takes me forever to get through a book. Sometimes it amazes me how many books I HAVE read, considering.

Thanks for including me, Denise!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am totally amused. You don't like to feel hair on your neck when you sleep, hahahaha. VERY freaking amusing. Love it! :-)

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home