Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Gift of Silence


The pic above was taken from my back porch as the sun went down last Saturday. Not the best quality but it captures how the light reflects off our local volcanic mountain on a clear evening.

Ever since Michael's death in 2005 I've had to surround myself with sound. Silence was impossible and even most music was too difficult so it's been the t.v. on in the background while I work for the last year and a half.

Last Sunday I was finally able to turn the t.v. off and work in silence. It was very nice. More than nice. I know this sounds like a small thing, but it's not. It speaks to the calm and strength I feel inside as I move on with my life. As I explore new music, venture out into the world, laugh more often, allow myself to feel the light again.

"In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer."
~Albert Camus

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I think it is a pretty big thing and great that you're at that point...beautiful view to sit quietly and admire :)

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home