Monday, June 25, 2007

A week of fun


My trip to Victoria with my mother for the Titanic exhibit went well. The exhibit itself was disappointing (and considering I didn't have high expectations, that's saying something) even for my mother who is into the Titanic thing, as were some other things at the museum. BUT we got along great, laughed a LOT, the day turned out beautiful.

It's created a very nice memory of my mother for me, especially considering it's become very clear she's having some pretty blatant cognitive and short term memory issues. Went back to my folks' after the long day for a lively discussion on politics, world issues, etc. I stayed the night there (no sleep) and, though it was raining, we went for a walk on the beach and out for breakfast. It was a good birthday for her, a nice Father's Day for him.

Last week my best friend and I went away to Whistler for a few days for our 30-year anniversary celebration. It was everything we could have hoped for and more. The hotel was nice with a great view. The resort town was lovely for walking and cafes and lively surroundings. We talked and talked and talked, exchanged gifts (she gave me the most thoughtful things), laughed, attempted to get drunk (didn't work).

The zip line tour was more thrilling (this is a GOOD thing) than anticipated. There were five lines in total, two of which were big drops and fast (one had been clocked at 60 mph), with a bit of hiking in between. For anyone wanting a bit of a thrill but bungee jumping or skydiving is more than you'd like, I really recommend this. The one we took ran parallel lines so my best friend and I were going down side by side. Plus the harnesses were more like paragliding harnesses than the uncomfortable rock-climbing harnesses often used. The people running it were wonderful too.

It's all also been a reality check regarding my capabilities regarding the fibromyalgia and I'm currently processing all that means, shifting goals and dreams once again. Still, soooooo much to look forward to and enjoy. Life is good and I'm very fortunate in my relationships.









And it really is no wonder






British Columbia is known






for its beauty.....























This coming weekend.... another trip to Victoria for the Rodin exhibit on Saturday, and the jazz festival and Canada celebrations on Sunday. Then next week a trip to the States for July 4th fireworks.

3 Comments:

Blogger SwampHag said...

Ugh.... sorry about the weird picture formatting. Tooooooo tired to fix it.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Beautiful pictures m'am...I've always wanted to do one of those zip line things...glad you had a good time!

4:41 AM  
Blogger SwampHag said...

Thanks Lee! I look forward to hearing all about YOUR zipline adventure. :-)

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home