Sunday, April 09, 2006

Coming up for air

....sorta.

It's been a while, hasn't it? Just been too busy lately to write anything here. Busy with work (but that should settle down a bit now), busy fighting inner demons, busy being sick, busy not sleeping.

Achoo!

Hence the 'sorta' above. The cold keeps threatening my lungs so I'm fighting asthma a bit these days.

On the good side of things..... my sons are having fun with me having laryngitis. They are merciless. One friend/coworker is doing better, I think. Physically, the worst of the FM pain has eased a bit. Emotionally, I'm doing better too. Calmer is probably a better word. I'm grateful for my sons, their girlfriends, and my friends for being there. It can take a whole village to keep SwampHag together sometimes. I've been doing a lot of reflecting and it's not all positive but that's when we learn, right? I also have been adding more decorating touches to my home and I'm still enjoying that aspect. And, after three weekends, I finally finished gathering all pics, music and mementos together and put them into a special decorated chest, within reach but still put away. It feels like I'm honoring him and moving on at the same time. And going through all the items again, even as superficially as I did this time (closer examination was too painful), has reminded me that he really did love me and how blessed I was for so many years.

Emily and Richard were back on Gilmore Girls this past week. Emily reminds me so much of my own mother that I always get a kick out of the character on GG. And I watch a few others shows. But most of all I've been (re)watching Buffy on DVD. If only all shows could be written so well, with such humor and depth. And I just love tv series on dvds in general. No commercials, watch what you want when you have time. Listen to the commentaries. Next season I may avoid some shows altogether when they're on the network and just wait for the dvds. Much more fun that way.

Oh, and I've borrowed my son's digital camera to play with for a while so I may be able to share more pics here in the future.

That's about it.

Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger SwampHag said...

Yep, you be the one! I'm so glad the pain has left you. :-)

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home