Sunday, December 31, 2006

Year in Review

According to Nickie, "What you're supposed to do is take the first line (I just went with sentence), from the first entry of each month. When the subject was part of the first sentence, I copied both of them."

So here goes my shot at this....

January: Well, here I am, FINALLY starting a blog. I finally caved to the pressure. ;-)

February: THE CONTINUING SAGA OF A MIDDLE-AGED SINGLETON

March: You know you're in trouble when........you google 'horoscope' hoping to find some good news for your life out there.

April: Coming up for air

May: Peace... The past weekend was difficult for a few reasons...

June: I guess an explanation is in order

July: Pursuing that half full cup

August: What I learned on my summer vacation... Okay, so I didn't have a summer vacation but....

September: Midnight Meanderings

October: Well, apparently I was absent in October, which explains November's first entry:

November: Where did I go?

December: Wonder of the season.... of the year, actually. After some really dark times and coming to peace with a lot of it, some good things appear to be coming my way.

So there you have it. Not terribly profound. Doesn't provide a lot of insight into my year. What IS clear is that my blogging ritual has really slowed down and I don't see that necessarily changing, but who knows?

What's also clear to me tonight on New Year's Eve (alone yet again, something I'd really dreaded but I'm finding I'm okay... of course the alcohol is probably helping), is how very glad I am that 2006 is OVER. Transitional years may be necessary but they tend to be painful. And I'm very grateful for all those who blessed me with their love and support. I'd not be here without them. And I'm VERY appreciative that the last few weeks have been entirely different in so many areas from the previous 18 months and have offered some pleasant surprises. I'm feeling deliciously spoiled.

I'll never forget you, Michael, and you will always be a part of who I am. I'm letting you go now. Thank you for ALL of it.

Cheers to those of you still reading and here's to a wonderful year of health, laughter, adventure and love in 2007!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

I'm glad your transitional year is over too...nice post SH, I wish you many new and exciting beginnings for 2007 :)

5:23 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Happy New Year. Blog more in it and let me comment without forcing me to use my darn blogger username! Pretty please. ;-)

5:42 AM  
Blogger SwampHag said...

Thank you, Lee! I wish the same for you and hope you continue blogging too; I really enjoy keeping up with your life.

Denise, your wish is my command! Happy New Year! :-)

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home