Monday, February 13, 2006

VALENTINE'S DAY

I know I shouldn't care, but I do. I know that tokens of affection, whether on Valentine's or any other time, are not a guarantee of a loving, healthy relationship. I know that when I'm in a loving relationship, Valentine's Day matters very little (though I always enjoyed finding just the right card - it was always more about having someone to give to than be given to).

But not today. New loss. Old loss. I am alone. And it hurts like hell. It feels raw. It feels like yesterday, not seven and a half months ago.

From Peter Gabriel's 'I Grieve':

And I can't handle this
I grieve....
For you
You leave
Me....

Did I dream this belief
Or did I believe this dream
How I will find relief
I grieve....


I wrote the above a few hours ago. It had been a rough few days and I wasn't doing well.

And then something really great happened. But I'll fill you in on that another day....

Stay tuned!

2 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

OK fill us in - what happened that was great?

5:27 AM  
Blogger SwampHag said...

Check out my update. :-)

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home