Sunday, May 21, 2006

The afterglow continues


I'm back to work today and it's busy but that's okay.

This last week has been amazing for me, blessed with good weather, great fun and bonding with my sons and their girlfriends, quality time with friends, communing with nature. Not a lot of rest but plenty of fresh air.

Since the last blog entry I went for a walk by the river with my mother, spent time playing an online game and watching Firefly and Serenity with everyone and ended my vacation with a great day on Saturday.

I drove out to a beautiful lake resort area, went for a walk along the beach and voted at the sandcastle contest. On to the blue heron refuge which was soooooo exceedingly peaceful with the sound of birds and nothing else. Saw herons but too far in the distance to get a decent pic, hence the flower pic taken there instead.

Back home to meet up with my older son and his girlfriend and then my best friend. The four of us went out for Indian food (I'm normally a very unadventurous and boring eater but have become more and more willing the last few years to try different things and it's become part of the fun), talked long into the night with my best friend. It was wonderful.

I think I've laughed more in the past week than I have in a year and that feels reeeeeeally good.

Before this vacation I feared that I wouldn't feel like I'd gotten a true break without going away for the BIG vacation like I'd been used to doing the last few years. That's not how it turned out at all.

My sons and I, already close, are closer than ever. We found new things in each other that we truly liked and respected. It's always good to be with my friends. I rediscovered how important getting out into nature is for my well-being. I stuck with doing NO housework except basic dishwashing and laundry, etc., even though there's plenty I could have done. I didn't watch any news. Didn't look at my work except for work email once at the end of the week so I wouldn't be overly swamped today. It was as good as getting away.

My heart is full.

1 Comments:

Blogger SwampHag said...

Thanks sweetie! It's nice to be missed. :-)

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home