Friday, June 30, 2006

Okay, now that I've got THAT out of my system.....

Here's some pics I took today of my house and views from here. It was a pretty day.

We have a corner lot. In the spring the red-leaved trees (they're flowering plum trees) along the side all bloom with strong pink blossoms. Weeks later the flowering cherry tree at the front blooms lighter pink, along with all the others in the subdivision. May can be a magical month because of this and the roads and yards become covered in the petals.




Closer view of our front door:




View from our street of Mt. Baker (I love having fields in the valley below us; they are ever-changing and very calming):




Finally, a view of Mt. Baker from my back porch:

3 Comments:

Blogger SwampHag said...

Thanks Shelly. :-) It IS a beautiful home. We built it in '92 just before everything went wrong, financially and otherwise. I'd never be able to afford it now and am proud of myself for hanging on to it through the divorce and the very lean times after. Sometimes it felt like a huge white elephant but I wanted my sons to have some stability so was determined to keep it.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Karoli said...

So....I've saved this as unread since the day you posted it hoping to get a minute to comment.

First, your home is gorgeous; the view breathtaking. Second, I'm glad you're still blogging. I like reading whatever you want to write about. It's encouraging. :)

3:41 PM  
Blogger SwampHag said...

As one of my blogging mentors, I always appreciate your encouragement, DnW.

Thank you. :-)

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home