Friday, July 07, 2006

Bravery....

.....is a rare commodity out there. (With kindness running a close second.) Wish it wasn't.

And I've realized it's easier to be brave when you're not alone. Difficult to face the physical pain with dignity and grace when there's no one around to witness you're not whimpering in the corner.

For me at least, physical pain sometimes leads to emotional vulnerability. Thanks to some people in my life, feeling a bit like a dog being kicked while she's down.

So, fighting my way back yet again, reminding myself of the plentiful good things in my life once again:

  • Back to warm sunshine after a bit of cool rain to make everything shiny again.
  • Small casual engagement party tonight for my son and his bride-to-be. We're having it outside in a park by a river and it should be lovely. Everything's all set for it. And I'll have a full day tomorrow to recuperate before going back to work.
  • Finding the strength to do the right thing this time. Maybe now I can start forgiving myself. Maybe.
  • My future daughter-in-law found her dress! First shopping outing, first shop, second dress (I think). Called me up on Monday and said I HAD to come and see, so I met her and her mother, sister and friend at the bridal shop for a quick look. (They'd invited me along earlier, but Monday was a busy day, covering for others at work.) It was soooooo nice for them to include me. She, of course, looked beautiful. And very very happy.
  • My best friend and her family will have seen the sites of Paris and should be in Austria now. Miss her LOTS but smile whenever I think of them there.
  • My sons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home