Wednesday, July 26, 2006

With thanks to Willis Haviland Carrier

If he were still alive and still capable I'd want to have his baby.

HE is the inventor of air conditioning. Thanks to my two sons and an assist from my ex-husband, I finally have a couple of a/c units (units I'd bought on sale at a ridiculously low price a while ago, something I was kicking myself for doing as they sat there in their boxes for too long, reminding me of the stupidity of purchasing things on the spur of the moment) installed in two key places in my home so I now work and sleep in blissful coolness. What the hell took me so long???!!!

Okay, so I could never before justify the even minimal cost of these units because, living in the northwest, there are often only a couple of weeks a year which are unbearable. But that's been changing the last few years. And this year, after a long cold spring, the blasting heat hit earlier than usual and enough was enough.

So now I spend time smugly gloating to others about my new coolness.

Thank you, Mr. Carrier!

(You just KNOW the units are gonna conk out soon now, right? I think I just jinxed 'em.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

LOL, AC is a wonderful thing...making spur of the minute purchases works out alright sometimes :) enjoy your cool air!

6:02 PM  
Blogger SwampHag said...

I AM, Lee, thanks! *laugh* (Of course, the heat wave broke and I'm now having to bundle up but hey, I'm sure the heat will return any day now, right?

10:32 PM  
Blogger SwampHag said...

Things cooled down here so I've not had a need to use my handy dandy a/c for about a week. *pout* Now I look at the forecasts hoping things WILL heat up so I can luxuriate in my coolness. ;-)

But it's starting to get warm so maybe, just maybe..... *grin*

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home